Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Adventure Coming To A Close...

Came back from the Christmas Market trip through Bavaria today and realizing that I will leave Europe tomorrow morning at 10am to travel all day back to Seattle.

All I can say is one word: WOW

I can't believe all of the things that I have done in the past four months.  Experienced new things...I am very glad I did this trip.

On to the adventure of this weekend....

Thursday met at the bus at 5am! That is right 5 am! We were on the way driving to Bamberg where we spent all 3 nights.  On the way to Bamberg we stopped to our first of three cities.  We stopped to Rothenberg to the Christmas markets there.  Afterwards we got to our hotel in Bamberg.  One of the coolest things...I had my own room! :D

The next day, Friday, at 9am we loaded the bus up to head to Nurnberg.  This Christmas market is one of the most famous markets that we went to.  Aunt Anna and I wandered the market during the day and met up with Uncle Doug and friends later and wandered some more.  At night, this Christmas market is CRAZY! So many people! But very fun.  Because Anna and I wandered earlier, we decided that we were cold and found some therapy in Starbucks and waited for Doug and friends to come back before heading back to the bus.  

Saturday we a really fun day.  I decided to sleep in and meet Anna and Doug at 11am and we went into downtown Bamberg to obviously the Christmas markets! :D  We wandered the market and then met the bus at 2pm for a 3 hour ride around the mountains and villages around Bamberg.  We actually got to see some of the places where the Harry Potter movies were filmed! It looked very familar! :D 

Today (Sunday :D ) we wandered the markets a little bit more before we had to check out at noon.  After that, we headed back to the base where we were picked up.  And now I am packing and getting ready to head back to the states. WEIRD!  All I can say is that this is bittersweet.  I am sad to leave Europe...but very excited to see friends and family at home!

Love you and miss you all!  Can't wait to see you!

No comments: