Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The start of a new adventrue...

I have started my trip to Italy and already it has been fantastic!

I flew to London on the 16th which when I got there, became the 17th! I almost missed my flight to London because my flight from San Fran to London was running late. I ran to the terminal and ran towards the gate. I barely made it in time. In London on the 2nd day we had a bus tour of all of London. It was so beautiful! I got to see the London Eye, the Tower of London and Covent Garden. After the bus tour, my roommate for the London trip Barbra and I decided to tour Weistmeister Abbey, a beautiful church in the west part of London that still holds services today. From London I flew to Pisa and then took a private coach to Hotel Colombo in Lido Do Camaiore.

Yesterday the 19th we had our first orientation meeting and then we all walked into town and ate. I didnt realize that eating at resturant would take over 3 hours! It was quite and experience! But today we started our Italian classes and it was a bit overwhelming because the teachers teach entirely in Italian. But I am slowly learning! It has been quite a trip and cant wait to post picutes and write more!

5 comments:

P J said...

Love the blog.
Can't wait for pictures!
I'm just now sadly realizing I've been spelling L-dogg wrong all these years :(
We think about you lots!
Love ya
Dad

Unknown said...

So incredibly jealous and happy for you at the same time!

Can't wait to read/see more!

Love you and miss you like crazy!

Sarah said...

LAUREN SHORT! I am so excited for your adventures to unfold :) Also, I am really glad you have a blog! I am leaving for India soon, we should keep in touch through our blogs! Yay! Miss you, girl..can't wait for pictures!

Becky said...

Laruen! Sounds like a great first few days! I hope you realize how amazing blogging is - I blogged about my whole three months in Japan and I'm so glad I did it! It's something I've continued to do since I've gotten home (though not as regularly) and when I move to Japan this fall for a year and a half, I'll keep up with it just as much! You'll love having it to look back on :) You can check mine out at http://rkshultz.blogspot.com I'm glad you're enjoying it :)

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading about your adventures! Hope we can visit - but for sure will see you in November!