Friday, November 28, 2008

First few days in Germany

So the adventure in Germany begins!

Got into the Dusseldorf airport around 7pm and of course the first thing I had was STARBUCKS! :D I hadn't had it since august when I was in London.  Aunt Anna, Uncle Doug and I sat and drank our amazing coffee and then we headed towards their house.  It was about an hour drive.  I stayed up for a bit, called some people from skype and then headed to bed. 

But who knew I would sleep until 1:30 in the afternoon the next day!  I must have been tired from all the stress of finals and moving.  Then Anna took me to the base where Doug works and we got some snacks and I got the first book in this Twilight series that everyone is raving about.  And guess what....I got to pay in American Dollars! :D I was pretty pumped about that.

Then that evening because it was thanksgiving, I went with Anna and Doug to the Boeing thanksgiving dinner. It got to meet some of the people that Doug works with.  It was a traditional thanksgiving dinner with turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, peas, green beans, cranberries, and all the fixings! And I even got to eat pumpkin pie for desert! My FAVORITE!

That is just about all that has happened so far in Germany. BUT there will be much more to update on later! Love you and miss you all!

2 comments:

P J said...

Glad you got your Starbucks fix. It also looks like you showed Doug and Anna all the great places to eat in Florence.

Did you meet Tonna and Dave at the Boeing party? They are a couple we had dinner with when we visited Doug and Anna. They live in Federal Way - small world!

I'm excited for you to see all the wonderful things that are close by to where Doug and Anna live.

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fantastic, that's really cool that you got to celebrate Thanksgiving.
Remember, don't get whip cream on your drinks! They don't sweeten it. It's awful, haha.

<3
Veronica