Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rome, Milan, Ferrari Gallery....so much to update on!



These past couple weeks have been pretty awesome! The 6-9 the program took us all to Rome. If you haven't seen my pictures on facebook or myspace I suggest you check them out cause they are pretty awesome! Rome was so beautiful and amazing and I had a great time there! I could have stayed longer!! We saw all of the tourist sites such as the Trevi Fountain, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Vatican, Colosseum and so much more! I even went to an Ice Club! That's right and club completely made out of ice! It was insane! BUT the people at the club give you and thermal cape and gloves to wear so I wasn't completely frozen! :D

Then this past week went by WAY too fast! This last Wednesday Richmond held our final dinner. Everyone got dressed up and had a really fancy dinner. I am pretty sure that I was pretty sad the entire time cause it was one of the last times we would all be in the same room together. ALSO, my italian teacher from Lido showed up! I got to hang out with Alessandra! It made me so happy! And she promised that she would come to the states hopefully soon!

Friday I got the awesome chance to go to Milan to see Leonardo da Vinci's 'Last Supper'. It was a pretty awesome sight to see...too bad we weren't allowed to take pictures of it or I would have snapped one! It was a 4 hour bus ride there and the same back so I was pretty tired by the end of the day. Milan is a crazy city too I might add. It was a lot bigger than I would have thought but it does have some AMAZING shopping! :D

Then yesterday (Saturday) I went to the Ferrari Gallery. That is right...I saw a bunch of really really awesome Ferrari cars! Those pictures are on my facebook and myspace as well! With every floor of cars I got more and more excited because 1) they were all pretty much red and 2) they were ferraris! :D So I have decided that I want a ferrari for christmas. Can we make this happen mom and dad? ;p

Well, the program here is slowing winding down because this next week is my last week of classes. Then finals and I leave for Germany on the 26th! It is both a happy and sad feeling because I have met some really awesome people here in Florence and I am going to miss them greatly. On the other hand I am excited to go someplace new and to eventually return home. It is a bittersweet feeling. I just have to make sure that I come back someday!

Anyways, hope that was enough update for you! Love you and miss you all!

2 comments:

Mama said...

You are just a jet setting kind of girl. Milan is a big city, but is beautiful in it's own way. We didn't get to see "The Last Supper" and I really wanted to, but I didn't get the reservation. Be safe in your last couple of weeks and soak up as much as you can.

P J said...

Enjoy your time with the Ferrari's 'cause that's about as close as you'll be able to get to one...

Enjoy your remaining days in Florence - I'm eager for you to check out the sites in Germany!

Love ya!
Mom and Dad