Monday, October 27, 2008

Venezia


This past weekend I had the awesome chance to go to Venice! The program took all of us there and it was so beautiful! We left friday morning at 8:30am and got to Venice around 1pm, took a ferry to the mainland and then had museum tours all day.

Most of the weekend was full of tours BUT I did get some christmas shopping done! I was going to go on a gondola ride but they were expensive! It was about 100euros which is INSANE! The city itself is very expensive as well. Most restaurants had their dinners starting at 20euros. SO I ate at McDonalds! :D

As much as Venice was beautiful, it was still full of tourists! The city is on water and boat is their main mode of transportation. Which explains why the gondola rides were so pricey. I think the amount of time I got to spend there was the perfect amount. AND another thing, Venice has absolutely no night life! Not just going out, but movies or anything besides eating out. It was weird to me!

Now, I am back in Florence and realizing just how much LITTLE time I have left here! I have about 3 weeks of classes and then finals! Today I turned in one of my two research papers that is due. It felt good to turn it it, now I just need to finish my second one.

Next trip is ROME! I am WAY excited! It is not this weekend but next. This weekend is Halloween and I am excited! Italians don't really do much for Halloween but I have been told that they have been recently. It should be interesting!

Now, it is after midnight here....time to go to bed! Love you and miss you all!

No comments: