Thursday, September 11, 2008

First week of classes...and my address!!!

So monday classes started at Richmond, which by the way is in an old 17th century palace! Awesome huh?

So this is my schedule;
Monday: 10:50am-12:30pm Mysticism and Magic of Medieval and Renaissance Italy
2:30pm-4:00pm History of the Italian Cinema and Society
4:20pm-6:20pm Elementary Italian 2
Tuesday: 4:40pm-6:20pm Elementary Italian 2
Wednesday: 10:50am-12:30pm Mysticism and Magic of Medieval and Renaissance Italy
2:30pm-4:30pm History of the Italian Cinema and Society
Thursday: 4:10pm-5:30pm Elementary Italian 2
Friday: NO CLASS!

So I would have to say that my schedule is pretty awesome! My mysticism and magic class has been interesting thus far, I feel it might be a little challenging when we get further into the course. Right now we are compare religion and magic in different text from medieval times with some text from the bible. Its been pretty interesting. My Italian Cinema class has been good! I was a little afraid on monday because I felt the professor was just talking just to talk at one point BUT wednesday it was good. We watched a movie called Mediterraneo and it was about these Italian mitlilary men that get trapped on an island in Greece for 3 years and they make their life while Italy is having a civil war. And of course Elementary Italian 2. The reason why I am taking this course is because while we were in Lido, we were talking Elementary Italian 1 and it was very intense! But we learned about a semesters worth of Italian in 3 weeks. This class feels a little overwhelming right now but I think I will get it of I study a lot. OH and the grade I got for Elementary Italian 1 was an A-! I was pretty proud of myself.

The reason why these is no class on Friday is because some of the classes here at Richmond have course-related field trips that they go on to different museums and cities around Florence. Also, so we as a program can go to Venice and Rome, class has to be cancelled on Friday. It makes it kinda nice!

One of the coolest things that Richmond gave us was a Uffizi student card. It is a card with my name on it where I can go into any museum in Florence for free if I just show the card and my picture ID! Aweomse huh? So friday's I can take advantage of that!

I have heard many people ask me what my address is. WELL, I can't receive mail at my apartment but I can at the school. BUT PLEASE NO PACKAGES. The school won't receive them. So if you would like to send me a letter you can send it to:

Lauren Short
C/O Richmond
Via Maggio 11
50125 Florence, Italy

I hope this was a lengthy enough post for you all, I should probably get ready for the day seeing as it is 12:30 in the afternoon!

Love you and miss you all!

2 comments:

Mama said...

We walked by your school numerous times when we were in Florence. Now I am curious where you apartment is. We probably walked by it also. We stayed on Borgo San Frediano for most of our trip and spent one night on Lungarno Soderini. It was all quite amazing and your blog brings back wonderful memories.

Unknown said...

I live on Via Dei Cimitori, which super close to the piazza della signoria.