Friday, September 12, 2008

Oh the adventures of walking around Florence....


So today my friends and I decided to at 4pm walk over to Esselunga. Esselunga is a supermarket kinda like WalMart or Fred Meyer, they have EVERYTHING. There are 2 located in Florence and they are on the most outer part of the city. They are about a 20-25 minute walk to get there.

So we meet up at the Duomo(beautiful church btw! pics coming soon!) and start walking towards the store. We get there and get all of our shopping done, and check out. We walk outside....it is pouring down rain! We try to call the taxi number but it is busy, probably because everyone was trying to get one! Gilbert then walks a block or 2 to buy bus tickets cause we heard that you could take the bus closer to the center of the city. Gilbert gets the tickets but then and finds out that the closest bus station is at the Duomo! Let me say that the Duomo is about 2 or 3 blocks from where I live.

So we decide to trek the rain, it let up a little bit when we started to leave but in the middle of our trip it began to rain AND hail! We were caught in a thunderstorm!

By the time we got to the Duomo, we were drenched and the rain had stopped. Everyone around was dry and here we come walking through Florence, bright yellow bags in hand drenched in rain water.

As soon as I got home, I unloaded my bags and took a quick shower to get all of the gross water off of me.

So if this study abroad trip hasn't been an adventure to the fullest...I don't know what is!

1 comment:

P J said...

You know baptism is a form of initiation into the Christian family. Perhaps you are now properly baptized into the family of Italy...

Personally I prefer sprinkling as opposed to full immersion ;)